Tips to dazzle on your wedding
Every bride wants to look like a princess on her big day! She takes care of every minute detail right from nail polish to full make overs. Here are some tips that can help you look elegant, classy and stylish on your wedding day!
- Get a trial make up done before the wedding. It is important to try out your hair style too!
- Make sure you choose the right colours for your make up, that go well with your dress. Always have a backup make up kit with all the right shades.
- Use waterproof mascara.
- Personally I feel getting the right cosmetics does wonders. Even if the beautician is not that good, choosing the right cosmetics does wonders. I recommend using MAC products for the wedding. It would be expensive. But its worth all the money spent.
- Use a long stay lipstick. Make sure you choose the perfect colour that complements your dress.
- Avoid bold nail polishes. Choose some common colours like pink that will go with all your sarees (If you do not have time to change your nail colours for each n every saree)
- Choose a hair-do that you are comfortable with. Don’t try something that you are not sure about. During your reception, you would want to concentrate on your guests and not worry about your hair-do. If you are wearing your hair up, wash and blow dry your hair the previous day to have a better grip. If you are wearing it down, wash your hair on the day of your wedding.
- Always have back up jewellery ( Earrings , Necklaces etc.), in case you lose your jewellery half way through the reception. My friend’s earnings fell down during her reception and she had to stand without it till someone found a replacement. You do not want that to happen to you.
- Make sure you eat healthy food and exercise regularly well in advance (say one or two months before the wedding ) for a healthy skin. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating oily and hot stuff before the wedding.
- Losing weight for the wedding might probably be the most stressful part of a wedding. A healthy diet and exercising will help you achieve the results. Make sure you follow a diet prescribed by your dietician and not some random diet plan from the internet. You need a proper balance of all the nutrients to look healthy and beautiful on your wedding day. Starving will not help you. Moreover you will end up having a dull skin which is not something you would want on your wedding day.
TAKING CARE OF YOU:
- You will want your hands and legs looking as beautiful as possible for the close up photographs. So make sure you start your preparation one month before the wedding. Moisturise your hands and legs everyday. Get pedicure and manicure done in a parlour. Grow your nails and shape it properly.
- Make sure you grow your eyebrows before your wedding. Get it shaped two days before the wedding so that you have beautifully shaped eyebrows.
- Hair removal is a personal choice, whether you prefer to shave, wax or use hair removal cream. If you can bear with the pain, it is better to wax to remove your hair so that you end up with hair free legs and arms throughout your wedding and honeymoon period. Whatever method you chose, make sure you are not allergic to it.
- Get your beauty sleep. This will not only energise you but also avoid dark circles.
- You will have to be smiling the whole day on your wedding. So make sure you get your teeth cleaned before the wedding.
- Mini pampering treatments and massages can help rest your body and spirits, and keep you calm at stressful but exciting times.
- A massage prior to your wedding will have your skin glowing from top to toe – after all, radiant skin is essential for all those wedding photos.